August 1, Geauga County – NPower Services, a nonprofit organization that serves adults with disabilities, is holding its first benefit dinner and concert from 6 – 10 p.m., Sat., Oct. 28, 2023 at the EOUV Hall (8636 Pekin Road, Novelty, Ohio 44072). Wheelchair accessible. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Benefit dinner and concert to support programming for adults with disabilities
Tickets cost $65 per person (at Eventbrite or at NPowerServices.com) and include a sit-down dinner, auction basket raffles and RockAbility concert with dancing. Beer and wine will be available. The purpose of this benefit is to keep all programming for adults with disabilities free or low-cost to its participants, many of whom are not employed. RockAbility is an adaptive, integrated music project for musicians with developmental disabilities. The band will perform after the dinner, and the audience is invited to dance the night away! Refunds honored through Sept. 28, 2023. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available.
NPower Services offers:
- RockAbility – a free music project for musicians with disabilities to learn and perform songs with mentor musicians.
- Geauga Joggers & Walkers – a free jogging and walking group for adults of all abilities to meet for regular outings that explore local parks and neighborhoods. We also participate in 5Ks and other races.
- Fitness (mental, physical and emotional) programming – free or low-cost adaptive athletic training including CrossFit, meditation, yoga and other activities. More programs are being formed.
- Project: Kindness – aligns self-care and service opportunities with adults who want to contribute to making a kinder world – while NPowering people with developmental disabilities (DD) to put themselves on the giving end of service. All programs are free.
- Employment readiness – volunteer placement and job coaching services for people who are looking for employment.
NPower Services has been funded by private donations and grants from the Geauga County Board of Developmental Disabilities / Metzenbaum Foundation and the Cuyahoga County of Developmental Disabilities. Jewish Family Services Association of Cleveland is NPower’s 501c3 fiscal agent.
Can’t attend, but would like to support NPower’s mission? Visit the website’s “donate” link on the horizontal navigation bar.
About NPower Services
NPower Services helps adults with disabilities build meaningful lives by identifying and finding opportunities including volunteering, employment readiness, fitness, art, music, service projects and socialization. Learn more: https://npowerservices.com/